Buddy Echols Field Guidelines and Policies - For Varsity Football Games Only
Safety and Security
• The Coppell Police Department will have police officers on-site during most athletic events. Major events with a larger crowd will have members of an outside security company also on site. In addition, campus administrators and district safety personnel are on duty during all athletic events.
• As the district continues to evaluate and enhance school safety features districtwide, all visitors at football games at Buddy Echols Stadium will be searched by portable metal detecting wands before entering the stadium at all entrances.
• Please plan to arrive early to avoid congestion at ticket booths and entry gates.
• Our facilities are fully accessible for guests with special needs.
• General admission and reserved seats offer wheelchair space and companion seating. Ramps lead to both general and reserved seats. Handicap parking is available.
• An elevator is available on the home side of the stadium in the breezeway between the concession stands.
In an effort to promote safety and security of Coppell ISD students, staff, families, and visitors, the district has modified the stadium bag policy which limits the size and type of bags that spectators are allowed to bring into Buddy Echols Field for varsity football games.
Starting September 29, 2023, only the following types of bags are approved:
- One clear resealable plastic storage bag not larger than 1 gallon size
- One clear plastic tote bag, not larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
- One small “clutch” hand purse/bag, not larger than 5” X 7”
- One camera, diaper, or medical bag which will be subject to search. If approved, these bags will be tagged so can be recognized by stadium personnel.
The following bags are prohibited:
- Any purse, bag, or containers larger than an approved “clutch” hand purse/bag or small clear tote
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Picnic baskets
- Mesh or drawstring bags
- Computer Bags
- Fanny Packs (unless clear plastic)
Banner and Signs
• Signs must be handheld, event-related, in good taste and cannot obstruct another guest's view.
• The signs shall not mention the opposing school or mascot.
• Visitors may post spirit signs on the visitor’s side or approved area only. All signs posted by visitors must be removed at the conclusion of the contest
• The administration reserves the right to confiscate signs that are in violation of above stadium guidelines..
Concession Stand & Restrooms
• Concession stands are located on both the home and visitor side of the stadium for all varsity football games. Sub-varsity football and other sports will have a concession stand on the home side only. Some district track meets will have a concession stand on both the home and visitor side of the stadium. Special events concessions will be offered on one or more sides, as related to the size of the event. We offer a variety food and beverages at reasonable prices. Concession revenues are retained by the CHS Band Booster Club.
• Men’s and women’s restrooms are located on both sides of the stadium near the concession stands.
• From 121 exit Denton Tap Road and head south. Pass Andy Brown Park West and turn right on Parkway Blvd. Make the first left onto Cowboy Dr. and into the CHS parking lot. The stadium is located on the backside of the parking lot.
• From LBJ (I-635) exit Beltline and head north. Beltline turns into Denton Tap Road in Coppell. After Sandy Lake Rd., turn left at Parkway Blvd. Make the first left onto Cowboy Dr. and into the CHS parking lot. The stadium is located on the backside of the parking lot.
• At most events, trained medical personnel are on-site.
• Should you need immediate assistance, please notify the nearest police officer, security personnel, or administrator.
• Gates for varsity football games open at 5:30 p.m. Gates for most other events open 30 minutes prior.
• Home seating is on the west side and visitors are on the east side of the stadium.
• Ticket booths are available on both sides of the stadium. (Click here for ticket information)
• Visitor tickets are sold on the east-side of the stands and home ticket booths are located on the west-side.
• There is no “re-entry” once a person leaves the stadium.
• Sideline passes are REQUIRED to be on the field during the game/event. No exceptions. Members of the media are required to get a pass prior to the game. To obtain a media sideline pass, visit www.coppellathletics.net/mediacredential.
• For safety reasons, spectators are restricted from entering the field before, during, or immediately after the game/event.
Lost and Found
• Check at the main gates and ticket office during the game. After the game, can call the stadium office (214-496-7058) during school hours Monday - Friday.
• CISD cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items.
• All recovered items will be placed in the CHS Lost and Found, or turned over to Coppell Police Department.
• Parking is free.
• The stadium has a sufficient number of parking spaces, but prime spaces fill up quickly. Carpooling is encouraged.
• Please do not park in neighboring business parking lots. Towing may be enforced.
• View parking map on right.
Coppell ISD Stadium Policies
• Spectators may not enter the stadium with any bag that does not comply with the district bag policy. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited bag.
• Permissible bags carried by spectators may be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
• Outside food or drink, glass containers, flasks, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products of any kind, and weapons are prohibited.
• Spectators may not enter the stadium with footballs (or other balls), frisbees, whistles, air horns, laser pointers, or electronic megaphones. Traditional megaphones, cowbells, and shakers will be allowed.
• Persons found in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags will not be permitted to enter the stadium.
• Spectators do not have to put all items in a bag to enter the stadium. Spectators can carry in binoculars, smart phones, cameras, or blankets.
• Animals are not permitted with the exceptions of service animals and service animals in training.
• Gambling is prohibited on school property and at the stadium.
• All patrons must be fully clothed. Face painted patrons is allowable if appropriate.
• Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
• Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.